Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clay work: Terra Cotta Heart and Flowers

Good morning!

I wanted to share this little terra cotta heart and flowers clay creation with you today.

As so often happens, it started out as an experiment.

I had made a flower mold, and I made the little flowers first. There were three.

Next I made the heart, and began decorating it. I put black seed beads on it, and attempted a little carving. In the center right more than 1/2 down, I made a dent, which I filled with glitter glue. I added several layers, and I will probably add one more layer to it.

The heart laid on my desk with my flower. I started putting them together, adding the same black seed beads to the center of each. This is the final effort.

This piece of work is not done yet. I will probaby make this into a pendant, and put it on some kind of base. Maybe a black base would be nice. It will then be glossed after it's baked.

What color would you choose for its base?

Just another fun little clay project!

Have a clay-happy day!

Cj
http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com
http://homespungraphics.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment