Sunday, January 8, 2012

Clay Pendants For 1/7/12

Good morning,

Flower Portrait was made yesterday, and I instantly fell in love with this pendant. I started with a plain white base clay, Sculpey III, and added the part under the flower first. The stem and one leaf is a shade of blue and emerald green.

The flower is red and white mixed, and was made from one of my starter flower molds. I then reshaped the flower, and indented each petal. I filled that with red, and then the same color of the leaves of top of that. I indented the center dot, and added a black seed bead. I have some kind of gold leaf powder, and surrounded the center going out along the raised part of each petal.

I wanted it to look like a portrait, so I carved an area around it and textured it. I was going to leave it like that, as I liked it then; but decided to bring it out a little more by adding some ground blue and purple chalk around it and in the creases. This made the creases more visible.

I added blue seed beads for the bail that closely matches the blue in the pendant. I baked it, cooled it, and glossed it.

I could not wait to slip this on my silkie necklace, which I did and wore the rest of the day.

Like I said, I love this one!!!

This second necklace is called Flower At Dusk. I also love the art scraps in this picture. If you don't know, you can pick up art scraps over at http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com. They are great for scrapping projects and card making. I make those for you to freely use, except that you admit WHERE you picked them up. Just direct people to my home page to pick up their own.

In fact, as a side note, if you sign my guest book on today's menu page, as a thank you, I give you the url to 15 additional graphics that I didn't offer on the other days. It is called SET 1, and will stay up a couple of weeks, and later, replaced by another set. Set 1 will then leave my site, so grab them while they're up.

This pendant was a terrific idea, but very noisy. I don't know what I like about it except that I find I do. It was an experiment, but I do like the final result.



This third necklace was made ... expressly for me. It was inspired by viewing this site:
http://katherine.rs/NenaBlog/

She had a video, which I didn't watch, but saw her design on a red background. It was on the front of the video, before you start it. It caught my eye, and I thought, that would make a beautiful pendant.

My favorite color is red, and the white and black together is striking. Match that to the red, and extraordinary. My husband said it needed a base, and I thought a dark charcoal base would be terrific.

I can't wait to wear this one. Sometime this week, I imagine.

Head over to Katherine's site. It is in a foreign language, but the pictures of her items are so, so cute! She was featured on the Polymer Clay Daily site, and I get their emails. Fantastic place, too, so go sign up. I love looking through all the artists' s items they feature. The newsletter comes out Monday through Friday, and is the first thing I look at each morning.

Those are my items for today. I hope you enjoyed them, and will leave a comment.

Till next time: HAPPY CLAYING!

Cj
http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com
http://homespungraphics.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment