Sunday, December 25, 2011

Making A Clay Face-Step by Step

Good morning ... and Merry Christmas!

Yes ... even though it is Christmas, I just had to do this little face this morning.

Upper left hand corner is step 1. I used a crochet hook needle to make dents where I wanted the face depressed, and to puff up the cheeks. I used FIMO Soft beige (skin-toned clay).
Upper left middle picture is just more smoothing. Sorry the color didn’t photograph better.
Lower left hand corner, I added the nose.
Upper right hand picture, the nose has been smoothed and blended. He has a BIG NOSE.
Middle right hand picture: more smoothing.
Lower right hand picture: Eyes and pupils put in eye sockets.


Upper left picture: mouth is formed, although it is hard to see. Nose is done, eyes and eyebrows done.
Lower left picture: powdered chalk added for coloring. Into the oven and out he comes after cooling.
The lower centered picture, I’ve added white highlight dots to his eyes, and colored his lips. He has no ears or hair yet, and may eventually have some. He is currently unfinished.The top right picture, he is swaddled in Kleenex. He looks almost like a monk!




This picture was taken outside on my front porch. He’s laying on Kleenex, and it was hard to keep everything steady, due to the windy day out.
While it is Christmas Day today, the weather is very warm, which is unusual for the last couple of years. The sun is shining, and I wish our winter weather was always this beautiful! It is 49 degrees out.
The colors in the picture are the truest colors of this face.




My computer screen picture sent to my grown children; who are all out of town (except one); this Christmas! I shot it and sent by cell phone!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! And I hope you enjoyed my sharing the making of my little face.


Cj











No comments:

Post a Comment