Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Clay Creation: Pistachio Nut Man-1

Good morning,

This little guy is finished and glazed. He's going to my nephew in MO. You can see, he is NOT very big.

Yes ... he's coming OUT of half a pistachio nut shell!

Yesterday, I was eating a handful of pistachios, and I was throwing away the shells. All of a sudden, I happened to notice how small and cute they were, and thought they'd be funny with a little sculpey character in them. So I set about my task.

Here he is before I glazed him. His little hands are grasping the edge of the shell, and with his eye closed and grinning, he's trying to pull himself out of the shell into the light of day.

The shell is laying on a bed of green ground, and there's a flower creeping up behind it. That is the red above his little head. There's a few vines growing behind him and around on his right side.



And here we are ... at the beginning of his creation. You can see, I dotted the face as I did with my other little man so I'd know where the features would go. I attached his nose, which hasn't been smoothed out yet.


You can see the little hands formed before they were attached. I put the hands into the shell first, and a dab of clay to hold everything to the back of the inside of the shell.


I slid in his head, and gently tapped him in. I placed the nut onto the ground and did the vines and flower to finish it. The second picture shows him unbaked, shortly out of the oven.


The first picture shows him after he is glazed. I glazed it all, including the pistachio shell.


I hope Nik likes him.


Enjoy!


Cj









No comments:

Post a Comment