Sunday, January 22, 2012

Clay Figures: Friendly Neighbor and Happy Pup

Good morning,

Today I thought I'd post a couple of my old sculpeys, done back in 2008.

I did this little pup, called "happy pup", and my granddaughter liked it, and asked to take it home. I let her have it.

The other sculpey has two views, almost front, and a side view to show off her gorgeous figure. She is called, "Friendly Neighbor". Reminds of a neighbor I once had ... with a heart of gold. Lovely lady.

When I first started doing sculpeys, I made them rather big. Their insides were aluminum foil, and the clay was added over the top. Friendly Neighbors is rather big: she's about 1 1/2 times the size of a 12 oz. coffee cup. She's heavier in weight than my sculpeys of today.

She adorns my handmade clock in my office. It was made for me by my father-in-law from my first marriage. It has two glass shelves, and a bottom wood base, and it is full of many of my items. It is a beautiful clock as well. My father-in-law has since past away, but this clock is a reminder of how creative and crafty he was. It was a very special gift to me, and I will treasure it always.

Wishing you a clay-bursting idea kind of day!

Cj
http://www.easyaspiedailygraphics.com
http://homespungraphics.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment